Characteristics and uses
(1) the use of R134a as a low temperature refrigerant most widely, because of the good performance of HFC-134a, making it a very effective and safe alternative to CFC-12.
(2) including mainly used in in most areas, the use of R12 refrigerant, refrigeration equipment, refrigerators and freezers, water machine, automobile air conditioning, central air-conditioning, dehumidifier, commercial refrigeration, cold storage, ice machine, ice cream machine, refrigeration condensing units, but also can be applied to aerosol propellant, medical aerosol, insecticide drug propellant, polymer (plastic) physical foaming agent, and magnesium alloy protective gas etc..
(3) HFC-134a does not contain chlorine atoms, not destructive to the ozone layer, has good safety performance (no inflammable, explosive, toxic, non irritating, non corrosive); the cooling capacity and efficiency and CFC-12 is very close, so regarded as excellent long-term alternative refrigerants.
(4) HFC-134a can be widely used as automotive air conditioning, refrigerator refrigerant, central air-conditioning, commercial refrigeration and other industries, and can be used in medicine, pesticides, cosmetics and cleaning industry.
(5) the chemical stability of R134a is very good, but because of its water solubility is higher than R22, so the refrigeration system is unfavorable, even a small amount of moisture exists in lubricating oil, will produce acid, carbon dioxide or carbon monoxide, has a corrosive action on metals, or produce "copper" role so the R134a of the system requires higher dry and clean. The chemical reaction of steel, iron, copper, aluminum and other metals was not found by R134a, but only slight effect on zinc.